Located in the downtown area, this is a revamped, older builiding perfect for those looking for a good, safe place but still with a budget. If you have the $300 a nite, blow it somewhere else, if you have well…. as much money as we do (read: definetally not a lot) stay here. I have been here once before and am returning with husband in tow. Good points:
- The rooms were redone in 2001.
- The check-in guy, who doubles as the concierge knows all about the city.
- It is within walking distance from all the major attractions, and they are happy to call a cab for those which aren’t.
- The breakfast is a good size and open (as my husband says) normal hours , meaning, they don’t close at 9 a.m.
- Good places to eat nearby
- use of a parking structure on opposite corner
- You have to understand this building is older, the rooms are not huge and spaceous. they are small hotel rooms, but there is plenty of space for two adults and a crib. heck, if you are carign that much about the size of the room, you need to get out more.
- since they use the parking garage across the street, parking for your car is $14 plus tax== so don’t rent a car- unless you have to. also, request a room on the opposite side of the parking garage.
- overall this is one heck of a great find.